Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2009

What is this?

This is a blog about training muay thai and mma at Legacy Gym in Ubon Ratchathani, located in north eastern Thailand. You can either read this to hear me brag about my crazy antics while i try to fight my way through southeast asia or as a guide to get world class fight training dirt cheap. I hope to shed some light on what training in Thailand has to offer and some tips on how to do it. I hope that this blog will be somewhat interactive, so if you have any questions about anything, feel free to make a comment or send me an email.

It would be hard for me to explain how I ended up here, but a couple of months ago I was back in Sweden where I´m from. At this time I was study chemistry as a masters student but I was kind of tried with it at the present time. Luckly for me, I had also been training jiu jitsu long enough to get me a purple belt, trained some mma, boxing and muay thai (without much apparent effect). Since it is more fun to fight than to write a thesis, I decided that buying a one-way ticket to Thailand in order to train and fight mma would be a splendid idea. I had previous done some longer training trips to Brasil and USA, but this time I found myself in the financial crisis without any money. The solution was to do distance studies in order to finance the training with the student loans. In order to make my (anything but) hard earned cash last a long way, I decided on going to Thailand to train. Anyhow, now I´m in Ubon without any regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment